Salt & Pepper Prawns
MBC Foods is famous for its Salt & Pepper Prawns recipe so we’ve made it available here on the website. Using our perfectly blended formula with local sea salt and fresh black peppercorns to create a wonderful full-bodied flavour, this recipe can be applied to prawns, squid, chicken, beef, lamb, pork or even tofu.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 32 green prawns (medium to large-no tail)
- 8 skewers (soaked for at least 1/2 hour)
- 1 x 400gm packet of MBC Foods Salt and Pepper Coating
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- paper towel
- Make the skewers by threading 4 prawns onto each one.
- Place MBC Foods Salt and Pepper Coating into a large flat container.
- Dip prepared skewers in some water and then place them into the flour mixture.
- With dry hands press as much mixture onto the prawns as possible (both sides). Complete all skewers this way.
- Combine the 3 oils and then heat them until you see the oil moving on the bottom of the frying pan or (very clean) BBQ.
- Place skewers onto oil and cook until golden brown both sides. Cook on a medium to high heat.
- Finish with a generous amount of lemon juice on both sides. Place onto paper towel and then serve.
Download the Recipe
Salt & Pepper Coating is Available Online or in Store
Two New Flavours of Salt & Pepper Coating!